Standard Map Conversion is a Mess

I converted my maps and now I have over 150 of some maps and absolutely none of others. This is not helpful. I own 3 map tabs and it's not enough to convert all of my maps - I still have several hundred I can't convert at all.

I don't understand why it's not a 1:1 conversion for maps of various tiers. I spent a lot of time and currency buying a good supply of each map of each tier, only to end up with hundreds of some maps and zero of many others.

This is really unpleasant, and not only will it cut my map pool dramatically, it will take me many hours to sort this out by selling 3 of the spares to a vendor.
Last bumped on Mar 31, 2024, 11:19:47 PM
Still trying to clean up this mess. This is bad.
None of this is a bug.

Post things like this in feedback.
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!"
This is a design flaw that has been complained about and discussed in many threads in the Feedback and Suggestions forum. It would be much appreciated if it could be addressed.

T9 to T16 have almost all been converted to just 2 different kind of maps per tier. Well except T15 almost all are just in one kind of map. With many kinds of maps having zero maps in the tab and many more having less than 4 or 5 maps.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Last edited by Turtledove on May 13, 2022, 7:38:48 PM
"
Aragorn14 wrote:
None of this is a bug.

Post things like this in feedback.

I can't fathom this horrible behavior being intentional.

So no. It looks like a bug to me, so I'll post it here.

And there is not one solitary thing you can do about it.
Last edited by Sabranic_SilverDeth on May 14, 2022, 3:30:07 AM
"
I converted my maps and now I have over 150 of some maps and absolutely none of others. This is not helpful. I own 3 map tabs and it's not enough to convert all of my maps - I still have several hundred I can't convert at all.

I don't understand why it's not a 1:1 conversion for maps of various tiers. I spent a lot of time and currency buying a good supply of each map of each tier, only to end up with hundreds of some maps and zero of many others.

This is really unpleasant, and not only will it cut my map pool dramatically, it will take me many hours to sort this out by selling 3 of the spares to a vendor.

Sadly this is per game design of GGG.
Maps gets converted to their native tier level when doing this and that means just what happens to your map pool......
"
HanSoloDK wrote:
Sadly this is per game design of GGG.
Maps gets converted to their native tier level when doing this and that means just what happens to your map pool......

It was certainly unpleasant to deal with. I lost over half my maps and it took roughly 4 hours to get my map tab in order. I shudder to think about how much currency I lost buying so many of those.

This is not a good system.
"

It was certainly unpleasant to deal with. I lost over half my maps and it took roughly 4 hours to get my map tab in order. I shudder to think about how much currency I lost buying so many of those.

This is not a good system.

Sadly this is how GGG wants it so not a bug = your post is feedback.

GL exile.
"
HanSoloDK wrote:
Sadly this is how GGG wants it so not a bug = your post is feedback.

GL exile.

They should want it a way that doesn't rob you IMO.

:/
GGG, you need to remove the natural pool of maps, and allow all maps to convert.
For maps which are being removed from the atlas for the duration of the league, they should convert to maps which are coming back to the atlas.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info